Beyond the Call of Duty – Mission Pack
Welcome, Officer! On this website you can download my custom mission pack for the 1999 released Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty. This pack includes 6 new missions, sending you to various fictitious locations in Germany, 1943.
I’ve started working on the mission pack after it came to my attention, that various fan-made modding tools had been released in recent years, which allow the creation of new content for Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines and Beyond the Call of Duty. As I am a huge fan of the games, I simply had to craft my own material with them – there really was no other choice. All missions were created between May 2012 to May 2013, and are assembled mainly from original art assets.
If you do not own the game, you can get it over at the boys and girls from GOG for just a few bucks. It is worth it! (No, I do not get money for the advertisment.)
Download & Installation
STEP ONE: Run the Mission Pack Installer and chose your Commandos: BCD game path (usually the “coman_mp” folder, but not necessarily). The installer will extract the “war_mp.dir” file and then patch the “MISIONES.DAT” in “DATOS\MISIONES\”. The new missions will always be played first if you start a new game. If you have finished them, the game will continue with the next available mission, which is usually the main games content.
STEP TWO: Use the Resolution-Hack and play the game in a higher resolution! My personal suggestion for widescreen users: 1280x720px
Questions, problems, bugs or anything like that? Write me.
UPDATE #1: 14.03.2014
- The installer will now extract and rename the WAR_MP.DIR file automatically.
- Bonus mission added.
- Lexx – Ideas, maps, scripting and additional graphics
- Herbert3000 – Tips and additional support
- Lisac2k – Briefing text
- James Jewitt – British Commander voice
- malik_cjm – Engine enhancements
- Pixote – Tweaked the siege mortar graphic
- SINP Mod – Snow weather graphic
Tips & Tricks
If you feel that the mission pack is too hard for you, consider the following tips:
- Save early and save often.
- CTRL+S is quicksave, CTRL+L is quickload.
- Use available items like cigaretes and stones to lure guards.
- The ability to control enemy soldiers is very useful every once in a while.
- Timing is important. Wait for soldiers to be in a good position before you strike.
- Be creative and try to combine your Commandos’ abilities.
- Don’t forget to save your progress!