Beyond the Call of Duty – Mission Pack
Welcome, Officer! On this website you can download my custom mission pack for the 1999 released Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty. This pack includes 6 new missions, sending you to various fictitious locations in Germany, 1943.
I’ve started working on the mission pack after it came to my attention, that various fan-made modding tools had been released in recent years, which allow the creation of new content for Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines and Beyond the Call of Duty. As I am a huge fan of the games, I simply had to craft my own material with them – there really was no other choice. All missions were created between May 2012 to May 2013, and are assembled mainly from original art assets.
If you do not own the game, you can get it over at the boys and girls from GOG for just a few bucks. It is worth it! (No, I do not get money for the advertisment.)
Download & Installation
STEP ONE: You will have to extract your “war_mp.dir” file in the Commandos: BCD game path (usually the “coman_mp” folder, but not necessarily). To do this, you can use the DirExtractor. After all files have been extracted into your Commandos: BCD game folder, the “war_mp.dir” must be removed or renamed to something else.
STEP TWO: Run the Mission Pack Installer and chose your Commandos: BCD game path. The installer will patch the “MISIONES.DAT” file in “DATOS\MISIONES\” so that the new missions will always be played first on a new game start. If you have finished the mission pack, the game will continue with the next available mission, which is usually the main games content.
STEP THREE: Use the High-Resolution Hack and play the game in a higher resolution! My personal suggestion for widescreen users: 1280x720px
Questions, problems, bugs or anything like that? Write me.
NOTE / Troubleshooting
If you start a new game and only see a black screen, two things might have happened:
1. You didn’t removed / renamed the war_mp.dat file. Do this, and the game should work. If not, then…
2. You might not have correctly extracted the war_mp.dat file content. Extract it again into a different folder and then manually copy&paste all files over your BCD installation.
- Lexx – Ideas, maps, scripting and additional graphics
- Herbert3000 – Tips and additional support
- Lisac2k – Briefing text
- James Jewitt – British Commander voice
- Pixote – Tweaked the siege mortar graphic
- SINP Mod – Snow weather graphic